Widespread in Europe, this type of crop is also practiced in the USA. The vineyards are even often Demeter certified.
Répandu en Europe, ce type de culture se pratique aussi aux USA. Les vignoble sont même souvent certifiés Demeter.
Biodynamic vineyard tour in the USA. Parcourons les vignobles en biodynamie aux USA
Here is a non-exhaustive list, of course, of some vineyards that take us all over the western USA. What a surprise to discover that there are vineyards in Washington state !
Voici une liste non exhaustive, bien sûr, de quelques vignobles qui nous font parcourir tout l’ouest des USA. Quelle surprise de découvrir qu’il y a des vignobles dans l’État de Washington !
Let’s go from Southern California to arrive near Seattle.
Partons du sud de la Californie pour arriver près de Seattle.
Biodynamic vineyards in USA : California – Des vignobles en biodynamie aux USA : La Californie
- Beckmen Vineyards, Santa Barbara, 365 acres (125 acres planted), certified Biodynamic Purisima Mountain Vineyard. Demeter certified. beckmenvineyards.com
- Verdad wines, Lindquist family, Arroyo Grande. Demeter certified biodynamic. www.verdadwine.com
- AmByth Estate, Templeton (San Luis Obispo), 42 acre estate, (20 planted plus 22 acres of woodlands), All harvesting is done by hand by friends, and family, wine, cider, olive oil and… Piquette ! a low alcohol wine. Demeter certified, dry farming (no irrigation). www.ambythestate.com
- Ampelos Cellars, Santa Rita hills, 82 acres, one of the first in the US to be certified Sustainability in Practice, Organic and Biodynamic. Demeter certified. www.ampeloscellars.net
- Benziger family winerie, Glenn Ellen near Jack London State park, Sonoma valley. Demeter certified. www.benziger.com
- Adamvs, Angwin, Napa valley, modest production and intimate setting, mostly Cabernet Sauvignon. www.adamvs.com
- Porter Creek, Healdburg (Russian river valley), a vineyard proud to keep its employees for more than 10 years, portercreekvineyards.com
- Beaver Creek Vineyards, Middletown (north of Santa Rosa), Demeter certified, beavercreekvineyards.com
- Hawk and Horse Vineyards, Lower Lake (north of Santa Rosa), 18 acres, red rocky volcanic soils studded with “Lake County Diamonds. » Demeter certified, hawkandhorsevineyards.com
- Frey vineyards, Redwood Valley, America’s first organic and Biodynamic winery (registered), no sulfites added. Demeter certified. www.freywine.com
- Narrow Gate Vineyards, Placerville (east of Sacramento, 14 acres of wine grapes, Demeter certified. narrowgatevineyards.com
Biodynamic vineyards in USA : Oregon – Des vignobles en biodynamie aux USA : l’Oregon
- Upper Five, Talent, Rogue valley AVA, the first vineyard in Southern Oregon to receive Organic certification in 2005, became a Demeter certified Biodynamic® farm in 2018 . www.upperfivevineyard.com
- Troon Vineyard, Applegate Valley, Demeter certified, Slowfood Snail prize, www.troonvineyard.com
- Montinore Estate, Willamette Valley AVA, original grapes for States as Müller-Thurgau, Lagrein, Teroldego. www.montinore.com
- Brick House, Newberg, north Willamette Valley, 40 acres, biodynamic in 1990, brickhousewines.com
- Cooper Mountain, Willamette Valley, north West of Portland, wines and balsamic vinegar. www.coopermountainwine.com
Washington State – état de Washington
- Domaine Magdalena, Red Mountain AVA, 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, Demeter certified. www.domainemagdalena.com
- Hedges Family Estate, Red Mountain AVA, Demeter certified. hedgesfamilyestate.com
Other articles published in English on Bonum Vinum.eu :
Portraits of winemakers, all organic, some biodynamic, one ploughing with the horse